3D Cad Design
At Premier Plastics we treat our customers projects as if they were our own.
Using 3d cad design many of our projects are developed from the design stage using the latest Cad design software with 3D Modeling and surface modelling interfaces.
As we are very experienced in Injection moulding, we can advise on the best method of manufacture for your products.
We have developed products including electrical housings, security systems, household products and Iris cameras.
The design route we usually advise for assemblies and aesthetic components is as follows :-
- Consultation on the requirements of the products.
- Initial prototype designs using two dimensional engineering drawings and three dimensional solid views for discussion.
- Further development of the concept drawings to full dimensioned and toleranced component drawings.
- Supply of printed abs prototypes or other prototypes depending on the mechanical requirements.
- Prototypes will be used to evaluate components in there finished form, before any tooling work is commenced. As we work on a three dimensional platform the information can be converted to an STL form, and sent to our in house Rapid Prototyping machines.
- Final evaluation of the design and commencement of hard tooling manufacture. The drawing information can be converted to IGS, DXF, DWG, DWF, SAT, STL, EPS, 3DS, & BMP. Our Toolmakers uses the information for direct feed to CAD\CAM machinery saving on programming and Tooling costs.
We can undertake mold flow analysis to ensure that the parts fill and where weld lines and gas traps may occur.